Monday 5 October 2015

Harvest Elf

Here is my 2nd big coloring project as mentioned in my previous post.

It is a fab new image by Aurora Wings, called 'Harvest Elf'.

She was such a joy to colour, using all my favorite autumn colours.


This is the image all coloured up, before I added her to my project, she is about 8" x 6", so pretty big, but there is so much detail in there, I thought it would be a shame to go any smaller.

 I have used a mixture of Copics and Prisma Premier pencils for this image.

I went for a very simple design, so I could showcase the beautiful image Mitzi has created for us.


So I just added some die cut leaves I have had hanging around for ages and a spellbinder frame.

I was also, playing around with the filters on my mac, which I have not done before and accidentally changed her to black and white, but I really liked how she looked, so I saved a copy to share.


Come and check out all the lovely inspiration by my team mates over on the Showcase Blog and of course to get a copy for yourself here.

There is also a discount code available for you.


Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges I would like to enter:-

Robyns Fetish - Add some leaves
A Gem of a Challenge - Autumn
Allsorts - Nature
Cut it Up - Back to Nature
Fussy & Fancy - Colours of Autumn
Simply Create Too - Autumn Splendour
Crafting for all Seasons - Autumnal Hues
Creative moments - Autumn Colours
Papermill Direct - Autumn


15 comments:

  1. Oh she's just stunning, Julia! You've colored amazing detail in every aspect of the design. Love the pretty die cut leaves you've scattered around her, too. Beautiful work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your colored image was already breathtaking, so imagine my delight when I saw your completed project, photographed in a gorgeous setup. :D Everything here is so beautiful - your attention to detail, gorgeous autumn color palette, the larger size - all work to create this vibrant piece of art! You know your work is awesome when it looks great also in black & white (Your full range of values is clearly there. It's a spectacular, solid work. ;) ) Thank you so much for bringing such a beauty to the new release showcase at Aurora Wings today.

    Big hug,
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation and colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
    AnyOldCraft

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their images are always drop dead gorgeous by themselves, as you showed with your gray scale photo, but you did a phenomenal job with it. The simple design of your card beautifully showcases the image. I really wish we could find sprites and fairies in nature, but they do such a good job of hiding!

    Thanks for coming Back to Nature with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the random draw. It certainly was deserving your coloring is to perfection. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I was looking at the wrong challenge for the random draw. But nonetheless I sincerely mean it is george and hope deserving of one of the top three. Good luck in the challenge.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Yikes it's too early in the morning, meant gorgeous.

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous. Fab colouring.
    Thank you for playing along at Creative Moments.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous. I love the image and wow to your colouring. Must have taken you so long but the results are so worth it.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is just gorgeous! Fabulous coloring and design! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Robyn’s Fetish challenge! I hope you’ll come back again soon!
    Darlene
    Robyn’s Fetish DT
    Robyn’s Fetish
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful project in gorgeous colours. A job so well done! You should be very proud of it. Thank you for sharing at Creative Moments. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card, a gorgeous image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - wow - wow what amazing colouring of Mitzi's beautiful image, and then to create such a fabulous card. Perfect in every way. Thanks for joining in with our 'Autumn Colours ' challenge at Fussy and Fancy this week, and good luck.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just discovering your fabulous image. Incredible coloring. What Spellbinders die did you use? It really suits! And I love the leaf dies. Who made them? Fall is my favorite season, and this card really evokes the warmth, color and coziness of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)