Monday 3 November 2014

Rococo Cinderella

Today sees another gorgeous new release at Aurora Wings, the image is called Rococo Cinderella and she is full of lots of lovely details to colour and comes in both JPG and PNG format.  You can see all my team mates samples at the Showcase Blog (fab as always, I have such talented teamies).


I kinda struggled a bit with this one, firstly it took me age to settle on a colour choice, but really happy with the combination I chose, and also lots of folds - not my strong point :)

I coloured her with a mix of Copics & Flexmarkers I also added some prisma colour pencils over some parts which looks great in the flesh, but not so much in photos, it seems to have taken all the highlights out of the yellow part of her dress - note to self - less is more.



I ha d a really strong idea in my head of layout, which all revolved around the gorgeous clock, again I ran in to trouble, it was too detailed to cut well on card, so I ended up using vinyl and sticking to a card base then fussy cutting around it, I think it ended up ok.


Next came the glass slipper, I started by cutting the shoe and covering with glue and tiny bits of glass, but it did not dry and all the glass fell off, so I went with yellow glitter card to match my colour scheme and added a sentiment from Cinderella with the Cameo sketch pens.




All in all, after a few mistakes and a bit trial and error I have ended up with a card that I actually really like, obviously helped by the fact the Mitzi's images are just so beautiful.

You can grab her here

Aurora Wings Etsy Shop
Aurora Wings Digi Shop



Thanks for stopping by, it really is appreciated :)

Challenges i would like to enter are:-

Addicted to Stamps - Princess/Fairy
Dragonfly Dreams - Girly and use a punch/die
Copic Spain - Anything Goes
The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
Challenge up your Life - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge- Anything Goes
Love to Create - Girls and Lacey

8 comments:

  1. FAbulous shape to your gorgeous card, Julie! Love the blue and yellow combo and your coloring looks super to me. Fabulous sentiment, too! (Wish I'd thought of it. LOL) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color scheme, Julie!! She's a vision in blue, yellow, and purple! Love all the Cinderella story reference with the clock face and the glass slipper, plus the great sentiment. ^_^ Breathtaking! Thank you for making such a beautiful sample for AW Showcase Blog. Hugs,

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Thank you for joining challenge up your life!
    Hugs from Germany,
    Steffie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card - your coloring and color choices are perfect. The background is just a perfect setting for this image. Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card in a lovely shape and colours. A lovely cinderella and a fab sentiment. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love your coloring and design! Thank you for joining our "Girly & Lacy" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely image, great project. thanks for entering into the Sisters of Craft monthly challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)