Friday 28 November 2014

Christmas Cactus

Yay, its new release time at Aurora Wings with the lovely Chrismas Cactus Sprite.

For my showcase inspiration I have coloured her with a mix of Copics and Prisma Premier pencils.  I wanted to get a nice blend of pink, orange and red, which I think I have achieved.

Not so happy with my skin, I think its time to clean those Copics!




I did a print and cut and layered onto my new Noor Design die, that I won in a recent completion on their facebook page, thanks Tracey, I love it and it cuts beautifully.

The backing paper has been in my draw for years, so no idea where it came from.

I decided to only add a couple of embellishments all cut on my Grand Calibur.  The ivy is by Tattered Lace and the Poinsettia is by Leane Creative.

Isn't she adorable and just in time for Xmas.

Challenges I would like to enter:-

4 crafty chicks - Die Cuts
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Completely Christmas - Something beginning with S (Sprite, Snowflake, Square)
Crafting for all Seasons - Tis the season
Shopping your Stash - Free is Good - Square Die was a prize



Please do pop along to the Showcase Blogs and show some love to my fabulous team mates.

Until next time

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Julie! Such a beautiful color combo, and the paper and dies all add such whimsy for a fantastic Christmas scene. Thank you for bringing my sprite to life with your gorgeous creation!

    Big hugs,
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely Julie....I love mitzi's images too.....not enough hours in the day!!!...
    big hugs
    Elly P
    x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. oops nearly forgot
      and the colours and papers are gorgeous!! lol x x

      Delete
  3. So pretty, nice die cuts, and the image is so cool. Love the vine die cut and the poinsettias....beautiful! Thanks for playing our Die Cuts Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so cute!!! I love how you've coloured this little sprite! So glad you came to play with our FREE IS GOOD challenge at Shopping our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet & adorable card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (free!) STASH with us this fortnight! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)