Monday 28 March 2016

Dragonfly Dreams

I hope you are all enjoying your Easter break and not eating too many eggs?

In order to keep away from the Chocolate this weekend, I have been busy creating my latest Polkadoodles Inky Pinkys DT inspiration.

I have used the beautiful 'Octavia Moonfly Dragonfly', I coloured this one up previously, but wasn't too happy with the results, I am pleased to say I am much happier this time around.

I have used all sorts of coloruring mediums to bring this little beauty to life.

I colored the whole image with Copics, then went in and added to this.

Glitter Gel pens on the Dragonfly body, Prismacolor Pencils to add different colours to the base coat of blue in her hair, then finally a couple of coats to the wings with a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, hopefully you can see all the sparkle below, I have lightened the image to help it show up.



For the background I stippled with Stream and Purple Twilight Adirondack inks, then dotted around some White Opal liquid pearls.

Once it was all dry I double mounted on Papermill card, added a sentiment from LOTV and a couple of punched butterflies, which are dotted with a Silver Graph-it Shake pen.

Thanks for looking, hope to see you over at the  Inky Pinkys Facebook page.

Challenges entered:-

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Come and Get it - In the Garden
All sorts - Wings
Wags n Whiskers - Wings
Moving along with the Times - In the Garden
Star Stampz - Think Spring


6 comments:

  1. What a fab image, looks lovely, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the sparkles on this. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Star Stampz spring challenge. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card Julie in lovely soft colours Lou, and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining our wings challenge at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colouring, beautiful card. Nice to see her friends flying along with her. Thanks for joining in Come And Get It challenges, Carol DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and great coloring. Thank you very much for sharing your creation with us at Come And Get It challenges.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)