Saturday 13 July 2013

Tiddly Inks DT Call


Evening everyone, I am super excited to see that Tiddly Inks are having a Design Team Call.

The first Digital stamp I purchased was Mermaid Miranda by Tiddly Inks and I have been a huge fan ever since, I especially love looking at all the wonderful inspiration from the Design Team which is always outstanding so it is with a little trepidation that I have decided to enter!!!

You can find all the details here if you want to have a try too.



I decided to try and colour an image called 'Magda and Sparkles' which has been lurking in my "to be coloured" file for quite a while, but each time I picked it up, it freaked me out a little and she was hidden back in the file.

So with a brave heart, a shaky hand and a case of Promarkers I set about bringing this gorgeous lady to life.



I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I may have printed her a little to large - lol, so she ended up on a card made from an A4 sheet folded in two, but I think it made her hair much easier to colour as all the curls were not so tiny.

The colour inspiration actually came from another challenge on a Facebook Group I visit 'Donna Maries Cards and Promarkers', which is having a Rainbow Bright Theme, where you must incorporate all the colours of the Rainbow - RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO, VIOLET. - Just about managed to add the yellow!!

The image was layered onto some Harlequin style paper I have had for years.  I matted Lime Green Papermania card with some Spotty First Editions paper, which in turn was layered onto Lilac Card, which I stamped some swirls onto with Brilliance Pearlescent Lime Ink.




Supplies:- Card - The Paper Mill, Papermania, 1st Edition
                 Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
                 Die Cuts - Cricut Cindy Loo

Promarkers - Hair - Berry Red, Pumpkin, Crimson
                     Skin - Satin, Blush, Dusty Pink
                     Dress - Leaf Green, Apple, Forest Green
                     Unicorn Tail/Mane - Orchid, Blue Pearl, Bluebell, Amerthyst
                     Unicorn - Eggnog, Buttercup


Challenges I would like to enter are:

Tiddly Inks - DT Call

Phew, well here goes, time for a well deserved coffee and a Magnum (well it is 32 degrees out today)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are all enjoying this lovely sunshine. x

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I was stalking the competition for the DT call and yours popped out at me and just had to comment. Wow! The hair on the horse is just outstanding!!!! Good luck in the DT call.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)