Tuesday 24 April 2018

Paper Pieced Princess

Something new for me this week for my DIGI CHOOSDAY inspiration, paper piecing!!

So I think I may have tried this once a long time ago and it was a bit of a hot mess, so I took my time with this one and admit to needing a little guidance from my teamies.

Anyway here she is Serenity Princess from one of my favourite collections Serenity Fairy Wishes.



I started by printing some of the lovely papers from Winnie Special Moments, then printed my little princess on top. I am not much of a hand cutter, but think I did ok cutting out all the elements I need for my card.

I found some plain card for her hair and again printed the image and cut.

Once all was cut out, I coloured her skin with Copics and glued all my layers together.



I used Distress Oxide inks and gold spritz to decorate the photo mount from inside a frame and then stamped and embossed using Polkadoodles Summertime STAMP ME stamps.

Finishing off with some gems and resin flowers.  I really enjoyed doing something outside my comfort zone, I may even do it again!!

You can find all things Polkadoodles with the following links:-


Challenges Entered:-


14 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed Julie! This is wonderful! She looks so lovely inside her frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've given such dimension to her hair and the frame is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also tried paper piecing once and ran screaming for the hills - however you have nailed this and I LOVE that you used Serenity, perfectly pieced :) Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She turned out so lovely! Your paper piecing work is perfect, I love all the added details too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, love the background. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "World Art Day" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, the paper piecing is perfect, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable! Beautiful paper piecing and the frame is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, lovely image and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work of art! Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafter's Cafe. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)